Strawberry Cream Pie (Summer Dessert) | Days of Chalk and Chocolate

Strawberry Cream Pie (Summer Dessert)

Share It:
Don't you love summer fruit?  While the apple and pumpkin flavors that come out in fall are lovely, nothing really compares to the gorgeous colors and flavors of summer fruits like peaches, plums, cherries, and strawberries. Recently, I had tons of strawberries hanging around so I looked up some recipes and made a delicious strawberry cream pie.

strawberry cream pie

Don't you love summer fruit?  While the apple and pumpkin flavors that come out in fall are lovely, nothing really compares to the gorgeous colors and flavors of summer fruits like peaches, plums, cherries, and strawberries. Recently, I had tons of strawberries hanging around so I looked up some recipes and made a delicious strawberry cream pie.


I found the recipe at at Your Home Based Mom. Leigh Ann's website if full of yummy sounding recipes and her photos are lovely to look at too.  This recipe is a winner!!   I made it for a barbecue at my sister's house and everyone loved it! Jim declared it his favorite pie ever and it will become a summer tradition in our house. Thank you, Leigh Ann, for a lovely and easy recipe!  

strawberry cream pie

I was afraid the cream would taste too cheesecakey since it contains a fair amount of cream cheese but it didn't at all. It was light, velvety, slightly sweet, and the perfect pairing with the luscious berries. The cream recipe itself is a keeper and I found myself imagining it with blueberries and lemon, raspberries, even cooked apples and cinnamon. 

strawberry pie 4

The original glaze recipe uses fresh strawberries but I used some frozen I had and it came out perfectly. I wouldn't waste really good, fresh ones in the glaze, to be honest, if they are pricey.  You can't tell the difference. I did end up with more glaze than I needed too so next time I may just reduce the amounts in the recipe. It sure makes a pretty topping for the pie, though. So sparkly and rich!

strawberry pie

And the crust is crisp and adds a touch of sweetness without being cloying. It is a lovely vessel to hold all the creamy and berry goodness!

I hope you'll try this recipe at your next gathering or one of Leigh Ann's other recipes! 
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!